Effectively Using Django REST Framework Serializers
In this article, we'll look at how to use Django REST Framework (DRF) serializers more efficiently and effectively by example. Along the way, we'll dive into some advanced concepts like using the
source keyword, passing context, validating data, and much more.
This article supposes you already have a fair understanding of Django REST Framework.
This article covers:
- Validating data at the field or object level
- Customizing the serialization and deserialization output
- Passing additional data at save
- Passing context to serializers
- Renaming serializer output fields
- Attaching serializer function responses to data
- Fetching data from one-to-one models
- Attaching data to the serialized output
- Creating separate read and write serializers
- Setting read-only fields
- Handling nested serialization